Honoring a loved one after they’ve passed is an important part of life. Remembering those loved ones that served in the military should be special, meaningful, and distinctively commemorated with a funeral service dedicated to honoring their memory and the service they provided for their country. Veteran services are an important part of the funeral industry, as they give honor to those brave individuals who have fought for our country. Each ceremony is different, varying from family to family, and comes with numerous benefits. Here we will tell you a little bit more about these services and what they provide for the veterans being honored and their grieving families.
So, what exactly are the benefits that come with our veteran services?
- An American flag will be provided at no cost to drape over the casket or alongside the urn if cremation is preferred.
- The Department of Veteran Affairs will provide headstone markers and medallions at no cost if requested.
- Veteran Services can be held in private or military funerals.
- Military families can receive the Presidential Memorial Certificate signed by the current President.
- A Military Honors Service is available and mandated by law, if eligible. This special service provides two honor guards to perform a special ceremony – which includes folding and presentation of the flag while playing Taps. Honors Services are available upon request for eligible veterans.
How do I know if my loved one or I are eligible?
- You or your loved one are currently on active duty or in the reserves.
- Veterans must have served on active duty and been discharged in good standing.
- Veterans must have completed at least one term of enlistment or period in the reserves and been discharged in good standing.
For more information about veteran services and arrangements, contact us here.